The video explains partitioning of Shannon diversity into two independent components: alpha (within group) and beta (in between groups) diversity. It helps to understand beta diversity as a measure of variation between different samples of data distributions. Some practical applications in the field of business analysis are shown.
More posts about diversity:
- Diversity as Business KPI – The Concept of Diversity Video
- Diversity as Business KPI – Alpha and Beta Diversity Slides
- BPMSG Diversity Calculator Free Excel Template
- Hoover Index, Theil Index and Shannon Entropy
Any feedback is welcome!
Incoming search terms:
- beta diversity
- alpha and beta diversity calculations
- alpha diversity
- how to calculate alpha diversity ecology