The AHP Excel template works under Windows OS and Excel version MS Excel 2013. The workbook consists of 20 input worksheets for pair-wise comparisons, a sheet for the consolidation of all judgments, a summary sheet to display the result, a sheet with reference tables (random index, limits for geometric consistency index GCI, judgment scales) and a sheet for solving the eigenvalue problem when using the eigenvector method (EVM). Latest version: 2018-09-15.
Alternative for complex AHP projects: AHP free online software.
Within the input worksheets (questionnaires) priorities are calculated using the row geometric mean method (RGMM).
Three consistency indices (the consistency ratio CR, the geometric consistency index GCI and overall dissonance Psi) are calculated. The level of consistency needed (α) is implemented as a variable input field in the summary sheet, and can be set between zero and one.
If CR exceeds α, the top 3 inconsistent pair-wise comparisons on the input sheets are highlighted, to allow the participants an adjustment of their judgments. The judgment resulting in lower inconsistency is proposed.
Final priorities are shown in a summary sheet; their calculation is based on the eigen vector method (EVM). For the solution of the eigenvalue problem the power method algorithm is applied with a fixed number of 20 iterations.
Different judgment scales are implemented.
- Errors of the EVM and RGMM are show beside the calculated priorities.
Either individual participants, or an aggregation of individual judgments (AIJ) based on the weighted geometric mean of all participants’ judgments can be selected.
- The template does not include the hierarchy of the decision problem and the final aggregation of weights, i.e. it is only suitable for finding the weights in each category or sub-category. For the definition of a hierarchy and evaluation of alternatives see here.
- Sensitivity analysis of the final result is not included.
How to use the template?
A detailed description (pdf) is attached in the download file.
When you use the template for your research, please make a reference to the author’s paper.
Klaus D. Goepel, (2013). Implementing the Analytic Hierarchy
Process as a Standard Method for Multi-Criteria Decision Making In
Corporate Enterprises – A New AHP Excel Template with Multiple Inputs, Proceedings of the International Symposium on the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Kuala Lumpur 2013
Download AHP Excel Template Version 2018.09.15 (zip)
Your comments are always welcome!
Incoming search terms:
- Ahp excel
- AHP Random Consistency Index
- AHP alternatives evaluation excel template
- analytical hierarchical process template
- fuzzy analytic hierarchy process excel