Calculate priorities from pairwise comparisons using the analytic hierarchy process (AHP) with eigen vector method. Input the number of criteria between 3 and 15 1) and a name for each criterion. Next, do a pairwise comparison: Which of the criteria in each pair is more important, and how many times more, on the 1 to 9 scale. With “Calculate Result” you will then get the resulting priorities, their ranking, and a consistency ratio CR2) (ideally < 10%). Calculation can be done using the fundamental 1 to 9 AHP ratio scale or the balanced scale from Salo and Hämäläinen3).
The three judgments with highest inconsistency will be highlighted, with the last column showing the recommended judgment for lowest consistency ratio. Slightly modify your comparisons, if you want to improve consistency, and recalculate the result, or download the result as a csv file.
Example of inconsistent pair-wise comparisons. The most inconsistent judgment no 2 is marked in red (Color or Delivery); the consistent judgment would be 3 (B) and is highlighted in light green. Decision makers can decide to adjust some of their original judgments to improve consistency.
|Here the link: AHP priority calculator|
Format of the csv file
Fields are separated by tabs:
- Line 1: Date (yyyy-mm-dd) Time (hh:mm:ss) Title (text)
- Line 2: Number of criteria n
- Line 3: Criteria
- Line 4 to 4+n: Decison matrix
- Second last line: Priority vector
- Last line: eigen value and consistency ratio CR
1) Though the maximum number of criteria is 15, you should always try to structure your decision problem in a way that the number of criteria is in the range 5 to 9. See here.
2) Alonso, Lamata, (2006). Consistency in the analytic hierarchy process: a new approach. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge based systems, Vol 14, No 4, 445-459.
3) Salo, A., Hämäläinen, R. (1997). On the measurement of preferences in the analytic hieerarchy process. Journal of multi-criteria decision analysis, Vol 6, 309-319.
Incoming search terms:
- AHP online
- ahp online calculator
- pairwise comparison calculator
- Excel Pairwise Comparison Calculator
- AHP calculations
- AHP matrix calculator